Friday, October 26, 2007

I chose Alex's blog for this post.
1. The thing that attracted me to the link on Alex's post was the author discussing the design of the spoon, which is very true in that it has an excellent design but it is really overlooked. I thought the author's idea that good design is taken for granted is very true.

2. Again, the idea of the spoon and how simple it is but so well designed was what was most interesting about his site. I liked how short the article was as well. Also, the author differentiates art from design, saying that design isn't timeless while art is.

3. The main point this author makes is that design is about the user. And that's exactly what Norman talked about throughout his book: that designers should do their best to make products easy for the user, not for themselves.

Click Here

Next, I chose Trey's blog

1. What attracted me to this one was the stapler. I think it's interesting to evaluate the design of simple, everyday products like the stapler, and this post was extremely interesting.

2. What's most interesting about this is how many pages the stapler can staple at once. The website said it could staple more than 25 pieces of paper, which is ridiculous. It has to be well-designed if it can do that many pages.

3. Again, it's talking about usability. This stapler obviously was designed with the user in mind. I mean, it staples more than 25 sheets at one time. It doesn't get much more usable than that.

Click Here

No comments: