Sunday, November 18, 2007

The point of this article is pretty much to inform the reader about the psychology of shopping. The author explains the differences between men and women and explains why people buy the things they buy. The biggest reason I buy a product is to fulfill a specific need, but everybody’s different. What do you think is the most important factor in choosing a store? Name a store that relates to this, and do you think that the store is designed with that factor in mind, or are there numerous factors that play into it and many different reasons people choose to shop at that store?

Trey’s Question: Do you think that sales people have any major impact on the whether or not a business flourishes or fails?

Yes, I definitely do. I think this goes along very well with the article. The article talks about how factors like location, environment, and convenience can influence a shopper’s decision. Salespeople go right along with this because if a person has a positive experience with a salesperson and really likes that person, the person is more likely to buy the product. I remember one instance where I had a really good salesperson, but the price of the baseball bat I wanted was too high at that store. I could’ve ordered that bat for a cheaper price on the internet, but I instead took the printout and showed it to the salesperson, and I purchased the bat for the lowered price from the salesperson because I liked him and I wanted to give him my business. Good salespeople cause the business to make more money, so I think it definitely makes a difference. A store needs good products to be successful, but good salespeople can increase that success.

Brandon’s Question: So, what draws you into a store? What keeps you browsing in that store?

I shop when I have a specific need. If I need some food, I go to a food store. I never go to a store just to look around. But, when I’m at a store, sometimes along the way I run into a few products that catch my eye. This could be because the product satisfies another need I have or the product just looks cool and needs to be bought. But I think the biggest draw to a store is needs. Honestly, I don’t browse at stores because I really don’t like shopping very much so it’s hard for me to answer the second question but the store has to have products that catch your attention in some way in addition to having products that fulfill a need because this is a main draw to any store.

No comments: